Due to not knowing how to fix the problem I have been having with replayability, and liking the game at its current state, I have decided to call it done, and class it as a finished 'version 1' of the game.
If I were to have known more about flash then i'm sure that I could have gotten this far without the use of online help and tutorials (as referenced along the progress), and could have possibly overcome the problems which I am left with, mainly the replayability which has become a problem which I couldn't fix.
However, I am pleased with the final product and will want to improve upon it in the future when I learn more about using flash for games. I have overcome many problems and learnt a great deal from creating this flash game, it has been both stressful and enjoyable. Unfortunately I was obviously restricted due to it being my first flash game, but I used a handful of tutorials as referenced, to help me learn some extra bits of code to do what I did not know how to. These I then understood what they did before using them as part of my code. If I were to do it again I would hope that by then I will have had more experience in this area and will be able to improve upon it, although I am very happy with how this game has turned out!
Here's a short list of assets that were created and used throughout the creation of the game. Apart from those below, I also created text which is displayed on the game over/win frames, and the beginning, but also an explosion used for the lose frame.
So here it is, I introduce to you, the Battleship Invasion!

No comments:
Post a Comment