Monday, 17 January 2011

Examples of games

I have played alot of these flash games over the years aswell as the mainstream games, due to boredom when at home and using them to help pass time by. In all honesty, I know that most of the flash games  that I have played will be impossible for me to create at this stage, due to lacking enough experience in making any flash games and knowing what i'm capeable of.

Flash games which I have enjoyed are the ones where you shoot/hit a target and have to then gain as large a distance travelled as possible.

Here's a few examples of those games;
Groundhog D-day
Toss the turtle

The nice things about these are that the graphics are really well made, you gain achievements, and you gain money from each time you shoot the creature, so that you can purchase items to enhance the game for you, and to make you travel further. This then allows you to want to play for longer so that you can gain the rewards and also the achievements, as having them there makes you want to get them before you stop playing.

Pingu throw (Bloody)
This one is much older, however just as fun as you get to hit a penguin with a club and see it get blown up when it lands on mines.

Games that seem relatively more simple include;
Copter
Curveball
Although even then I would still not fully know how to recreate them because they do have some features which seem difficult to create. For example, copter has a randomly generated map that you have to navigate through, and curveball has a set of levels which have increased speed as you progress through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment